Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Storms and the Inevitable After-Con Blues

Today has been a day of epic storms. From golf ball size hail to torrential downpours, it seems that Tennessee is experiencing a miniature version of Noah's flood. Tomorrow marks the last day of classes for this semester and the start of non-stop studying for the five finals that the end of this year entails.

While MTAC was amazing, yet again, I find it difficult to not suffer the usual after-con blues. This feeling is only exacerbated by the fact that my best friend and roommate has to move back home for a job opportunity, throwing me out on my own again. It is with much sorrow, anxiousness, and dread that I approach the final stint of my first year of vet school. While I know that I have the bounty and joy of summer to look forward to, I am reminded that when I again come back up for school, I will find myself completely and utterly alone in a strange and undesired place.

I'm finding it very difficult to muster the ability to focus on my final exam studies. Exhausted and defeated, I find myself muddling through these final days, simply hoping to make it through this year. If you are reading this blog, I would appreciate if you take the time to wish my some luck or say some prayers for me.

For those interested, here is a pic of the finished Charizard cosplay and another pic of my Blastoise cosplay:


Summer Break:
12 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 29-May 2= Study Days
May 3= Anatomy Final O_o *Le Gasp!*
May 4= Virology Final
May 5= Physiology Final
May 6= Epidemiology Final (*Face/Palm*)
May 7-8= Study Days
May 9= Parasitology Final (IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment