Thursday, April 7, 2011

2 Weeks, 2 Exams, and 1 Quiz...

These are all the things that separate me from MTAC 2011, my 8th MTAC.

This would be the perfect launch into the "look at how far I've come" topic, but I will digress as I have a very important Reproductive Physiology exam tomorrow that I must study for. ^-^ Another time, try not to be disappointed.

The days of this semester are winding down. Today marks the the 32 days left of my first year mark. While I find it hard to believe that time is passing quickly when I'm in the midst of it, I realize from a distance exactly how fast time is really moving. All I can think at this moment is COMMON 25%!!!!! There is simply no use in trying to look at something in such a wide expanse of time. It drives you crazy and, ultimately, proves rather pointless. I have rapidly become a short-term goals person which, if you had known me before vet school, is a far cry from the years and year that I had planned out on paper before this point. Sometimes, you just have to throw it all out and think about things on a small scale. One quiz, one test, one day, one week.

I don't know if I can get past 2nd year, but I do know that I can pass one test at a time, dealing with the rest as I get there. Far too many people throw their lives and sanity away striving for something that, in the end, ceases to have meaning anyway. No matter where you are in your lives, try to live for one hour and one day. Get through it as you get to it. You may not get there first, but you will get there, and, when you do, you won't be nearly as tired as the others that I have beat you there.

To keep rambling in an attempt to avoid my inevitable reunion with the physiology book, I would also like to state that April 16th is the vet school open house. I attended the open house about two years ago before I had gotten into vet school, and I decided that if I got in, I would volunteer to work it. So, here I am, working my first vet school open house. ^-^

I'll be working the Canine Parade of Breeds section this year, handling my adopted Pomeranian for the day. (I didn't get Dexter signed up in time, unfortunately.) It should be a real blast, so if you are in the Knoxville area on April 16th from 8am-4pm, please drop by the vet school and check it out.

Countdown:
Summer: 32 days, 1 Physiology Exam, 1 Microanatomy Exam, 1 Anatomy Quiz, and 5 Finals.
MTAC: 14 days, 1 Physiology Exam, 1 Microanatomy Exam, and 1 Anatomy Quiz.

No comments:

Post a Comment