Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I'm Just Hypersensitive About This, Okay!?




Only one more final left in Finals Week 2010. It's been horrible, grueling, disheartening, but I fought the good fight, regardless. Tomorrow's stab about my intelligence is Immunology. I've been studying all day, but cannot seem to focus correctly. I must admit, I am incredibly exhausted. To say that I lack the enthusiasm to go on would be an understatement. Vet school does that to you. While I know that they want us all to graduate, I feel like there's constantly a laser from a sniper rifle pointed straight at my forehead. I think that's why so many people in medical professions suffer nervous breakdowns. You're put in a place where everything is at odds with you. Usually, you don't have time to sleep, eating becomes a chore, and you lose social contacts because by the time you can talk to them you are exhausted and lack the verbal command to carry on a conversation. And, then, there's finals week which usually consists of 6-9 finals, all in varying degrees of "I'll just jump out the window" difficulty. You spend all your time focusing on your biggest problem class and get to a class that would have been easy to Ace, had you had more than a night or a few hours to study for it.

Regardless, in 8 short hours, my first semester is turning the final corner in its race to the finish line, and I think that I've been riding this pony long enough.

The Final Countdown: 1 DAY!!

Thursday: Immunology Final
Friday-January sometime: Sleep!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment