Monday, January 24, 2011

If All Else Fails...

...Get on the Fail Boat and ride it across the river to victory. I have learned, in time, that life is not perfect. If life was perfect, than there would certainly be a good deal less to look forward to and few surprises to be had. It is in this very thought that I have learned to find solace and comfort when all else fails.

Having spent a good deal of my life trying to achieve my idea of perfection, I know all too well the struggles that one faces when they find out that no matter how hard they strive, they will never reach their goal level of achievement. It can be taxing to understand that some people shall find ease and comfort in certain areas while others flounder in the seas of uncertainty, trying to forge ahead and not sure which way to go. Surprisingly, it is through this understanding that I have found great peace in my life. After all, when you no longer struggle to be the best, your mind is then opened up to true learning that, unlike your test grades, will follow you the rest of your life. While an A student may graduate top of their class, a C student still graduates with their Doctorate and as the contemporaries (not underlings) of the top of the class. I find no reason to count myself ahead of anyone else nor do I find the need to mourn my place as average or ordinary. We are all extraordinary in our own ways and, to that point, we all must coexist as the truly wonderful, unique, and outstanding individuals that we are. Whether you are top of your class in academics, a brilliant artist, a phenomenal writer, or the best philanthropist this side of the world, find the beauty in ourselves, the acts that you perform, and the talents that you possess. In the end, treasure is relative to the individual perspective. No one can make you see the beauty in yourself, but others most certainly can see it, and I think I am just beginning to see my own.




Below is a dream avatar creator for the site TinierMe. It was too adorable not to post. So...Deal with me. XP

No comments:

Post a Comment