Saturday, January 22, 2011

When Does It Really Start?

I still feel as if I'm working through some ridiculously grueling and tiresome post graduate work in general sciences. Not that there's anything wrong with post-grad work in general sciences, but I'm a vet student for goodness sake! I want to feel like I'm studying veterinary medicine. I want to touch animals once in a while. I've been told by upper classmen that most vet students reach this block. You're in vet school, certainly, but are you really learning to be a vet? I know that you can't run without learning to walk, and I know that you can't walk without learning to crawl. However, I grow so tired of wading through the muck and mire of physiology and minute detail anatomy.

It may sound foolish of me, but I feel as if I've learned nothing. Of course, I'm only two weeks into my second semester of school, but I thought at this point I would feel different in some way. Maybe after this semester, I'll feel like I know more than I did when I started.

I guess that's my rant for today. Back to reading my physiology book and dreaming about making a shiny ponyta cosplay (spoilers to come later).

No comments:

Post a Comment