Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cheating= Catching a Raptor Wearing a Hood

Today, we had our avian Physical Diagnosis lab. While this lab wasn't as hands on as all the other labs (because birds have a tendency to drop dead if you look at them funny), it was still rather interesting and I found some pretty good recipes for cookies on stumbleupon. Our teacher did show off his lovely Harris Hawk that he's trained to hunt for him. She was a lovely girl. We also heard a great story about a guy that threw a blanket over a Great Horned Owl that was injured to catch it and picked it without restraining both of his legs. The owl decided to flip around and grab the first thing it could and refused to let go until they sedated him. Such a "ballsy" move. :3

It also gave me a chance to talk with several other classmates for a little bonding time. Apparently, there are quite a few other people in the same boat grade-wise as me in Anatomy. One of them actually talked to the teacher who told him that there were only two people that he was worried about passing the class. This is a very comforting thought although I really hope that those people are able to pull it out of themselves. I really don't want to lose anyone to anatomy.

For the last part of the day, Mecha-san and myself took a trip to a little pizza place next to a dollar theatre for tiramisu. It was pretty good, but I always enjoy our adventures and their ability to give me a small break from the reality that I must face.

2 comments:

  1. Did you discuss the blacksmith culture of owls in regards to making epic battle claws and masks?

    *Additionally, I enjoyed our cold tiramisu :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;3 Yes. In fact, we did. It was pointed out that the owl lacked the opposable thumbs necessary to make tools of such an epic nature. Very disappointing..

    ReplyDelete