Monday, October 11, 2010

"Pelvic Recesses- It's not what you do with your pelvis in your free time".



Gross anatomy is the bane of my very existence. Many nights, I actually have some pretty strange and vivid nightmares about the class. Honestly, I think I could tell you with certainty that without gross anatomy, first semester would have been pretty nonchalant. I'm not saying that vet school would have been easy by any means, but I wouldn't dread my days with a fear usually reserved for chaotic creatures of the underworld.

My second exam in the class is this Friday. I can tell you that I barely passed the first test, and that this test is very key in my passing the class. I've struggled with this material day and night, and still, I feel no closer to my final goal. I've always done rather well in school, so the idea of struggling so hard just to pass a class and move on is a foreign concept to me. There's nothing worse than giving something everything you have and still doing poorly in it. I can't seem to get my mood elevated enough to even believe I can pull it together for this one.

I guess all that I can do is pull out my very best and hope that I've brought enough to the table to make a passing (and hopefully, well above)grade.

Not to be such a downer with a first post on a new blog about vet school life. I hope anyone reading this that's new to the game and heading into the game of vet school soon will not find themselves discouraged. I suppose that we all reach our obstacles that stand ominously above our goals. We can sit and aimlessly chuck rocks at them for a while, but eventually our substance is made known by how we advance to climb over them or go around them (or maybe slide under them).

Life has never been easy. I've worked really hard to get here, and I'll be damned if I let a silly anatomy class kick my ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment